AN30G | IBM PowerVM: Implementing Virtualization
As IBM Power continues to evolve, it is essential for IT professionals to stay up-to-date with the latest innovations. Our IBM PowerVM course is specifically designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of processor virtualization concepts, Virtual I/O Server configurations, and virtual devices such as virtual Ethernet, virtual SCSI, and virtual Fibre Channel adapters. Through a combination of lectures and hands-on labs, this course will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to become a successful IT technology professional. Whether you prefer face-to-face or online learning, our experienced instructors will guide you every step of the way as you explore basic and advanced configurations of the Virtual I/O Server and its clients, as well as various availability options.
Expand your knowledge about PowerVM features that were introduced in Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11G).
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in an instructor lead course environment, either in a face-to-face classroom or in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online).
This advanced course is appropriate for System Administrators, Technical Support Personnel, and Business Partners responsible for implementing LPARs on IBM Power Systems with AIX servers.
You must have advanced system administration experience with AIX 7. This prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following courses:
- Power Systems for AIX II: Implementation and Administration (AN12G)
- Power Systems for AIX III: Advanced Administration and Problem Determination (AN15G)
- AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AN14G)
- Alternatively, you must have equivalent AIX and LPAR skills.
- General TCP/IP knowledge is strongly recommended.
You are also expected to have logical partition administration skills on Power Systems servers, which can be obtained by attending Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11G).
- List the reasons for implementing virtual I/O
- Describe virtual I/O devices
- Describe the function of the Virtual I/O Server
- Configure virtual SCSI devices that are backed by physical volumes, logical volumes, optical media devices, and file-backed devices
- Create the Optical Media Repository, load a CD image, and use it to install a new AIX partition
- Describe how to configure virtual Fibre channel devices using NPIV technology
- Configure Ethernet link aggregation for load balancing and backup channel in the VIOS
- Configure Shared Ethernet adapter failover and load sharing
- Configure vNIC failover
- Perform Virtual I/O Server maintenance operations
Descargue el temario para conocer el detalle completo de los contenidos.
Debido a las constantes actualizaciones de los contenidos de los cursos por parte del fabricante, el contenido de este temario puede variar con respecto al publicado en el sitio oficial, sin embargo, Netec siempre entregará la versión actualizada de éste.