AN12G Mastering IBM AIX: Implementation and Administration.
Learn to install, customize, and administer the AIX operating system in a multiuser Power Systems partitioned environment. The course is based on AIX 7.2 running on a Power Systems server managed by Hardware Management Console and provides practical discussions that are appropriate to earlier AIX releases.
This intermediate course is intended for system administrators or anyone implementing and managing an AIX operating system in a multiuser Power Systems partitioned environment.
AIX Basics - (AN10G)
Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning - (AN11G)
You should already be able to:
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Execute basic AIX commands
- Manage files and directories
- Use the vi editor
- Use redirection, pipes, and tees
- Use the utilities find and grep
- Use the command and variable substitution
- Set and change Korn shell variables
- Write simple shell scripts
These skills can be acquired by attending AIX Basics (AN10G) or through equivalent AIX or UNIX knowledge. Also, it would be helpful (but not mandatory) if students were familiar with partitioning concepts and technology taught in Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11G).
- Install the AIX operating system, filesets, and RedHat Package Manager (RPM) packages
- Perform system startup and shutdown
- Discuss and use system management tools such as System Management Interface Tool (SMIT)
- Manage physical and logical devices
- Discuss the purpose of the logical volume manager
- Perform logical volume and file system management
- Create and manage user and group accounts
- Perform and restore system backups
- Utilize administrative subsystems, including cron to schedule system tasks, and security to implement customized access of files and directories
- Configure TCP/IP networking
- Configure and conduct Live Kernel Updates on a running AIX LPAR
Descargue el temario para conocer el detalle completo de los contenidos.
Debido a las constantes actualizaciones de los contenidos de los cursos por parte del fabricante, el contenido de este temario puede variar con respecto al publicado en el sitio oficial, sin embargo, Netec siempre entregará la versión actualizada de éste.