DP-300T00-A |Administering Microsoft Azure SQL Solutions
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL Server database infrastructure for cloud, on-premises and hybrid relational databases and who work with the Microsoft PaaS relational database offerings. Additionally, it will be of use to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL-based relational databases.
The audience for this course is data professionals managing data and databases who want to learn about administering the data platform technologies that are available on Microsoft Azure. This course is also valuable for data architects and application developers who need to understand what technologies are available for the data platform with Azure and how to work with those technologies through applications.
Successful Azure Database Administrators start this role with professional experience in database management and technical knowledge of cloud technologies.
- Working with, maintaining, and developing with SQL Server
- Experience with Azure, such as deploying and managing resources
At a minimum, you should know the information in the following online training before attending the course:
- AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals
- DP-900 Azure Data Fundamentals
Module 1: Introduction to Azure database administration
Microsoft Azure provides a set of seamless capabilities for SQL databases. Explore the different database offerings, and services available to help you get started.
- Prepare to maintain SQL databases on Azure
Module 2: Plan and implement data platform resources
Deploy data platform resources in Azure SQL. Explore options for deployment and migration. Calculate resource requirements and create templates.
- Deploy IaaS solutions with Azure SQL
- Deploy PaaS solutions with Azure SQL
- Evaluate strategies for migrating to Azure SQL
- Migrate SQL workloads to Azure SQL Databases
- Migrate SQL workloads to Azure Managed Instances
Module 3: Implement a secure environment for a database service
Implement SQL Server-based options for authentication and authorization, as well as Azure options for securing Azure SQL databases. Explore encryption, firewalls and advanced threat protection.
- Configure database authentication and authorization
- Protect data in-transit and at rest
- Implement compliance controls for sensitive data
Module 4: Monitor and optimize operational resources in Azure SQL
Configure hardware and server resources for optimum performance after establishing a baseline. Identify sources of performance problems. Troubleshoot using Azure SQL Intelligent Insights.
- Describe performance monitoring
- Configure SQL Server resources for optimal performance
- Configure databases for optimal performance
Module 5: Optimize query performance in Azure SQL
Analyze individual query performance and determine where improvements can be made. Explore performance-related Dynamic Management Objects. Investigate how indexes and database design affect queries.
- Explore query performance optimization
- Explore performance-based design
- Evaluate performance improvements
Module 6: Automate database tasks for Azure SQL
Scripting repetitive tasks in Azure SQL for regular maintenance jobs and multi-instance administration. Automation of error and resource alerts. Configuration of notifications for failures.
- Automate deployment of database resources
- Create and manage SQL Agent Jobs
- Manage Azure PaaS tasks using automation
Module 7: Plan and implement a high availability and disaster recovery environment
Data must be available when needed. Configure, test and manage a solution for high availability and disaster recovery using Azure tools and SQL Server tools.
- Describe high availability and disaster recovery strategies
- Explore IaaS and PaaS solutions for high availability and disaster recovery
- Back up and restore databases
Descargue el temario para conocer el detalle completo de los contenidos
Debido a las constantes actualizaciones de los contenidos de los cursos por parte del fabricante, el contenido de este temario puede variar con respecto al publicado en el sitio oficial, sin embargo, Netec siempre entregará la versión actualizada de éste