AZ-500T00-A | Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
About this course
This course provides IT Security Professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to implement security controls, maintain an organization’s security posture, and identify and remediate security vulnerabilities. This course includes security for identity and access, platform protection, data and applications, and security operations.
To get the most out of this course students should:
• Understand security best practices and industry security requirements such as defense in depth, least privileged access, role-based access control, multi-factor authentication, shared responsibility, and zero trust model.
• Be familiar with security protocols such as Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Internet Security Protocol (IPSec), Secure Socket Layer (SSL), disk and data encryption methods.
• Have some experience deploying Azure workloads. This course does not cover the basics of Azure administration, instead the course content builds on that knowledge by adding security specific information.
• Have experience with Windows and Linux operating systems and scripting languages. Course labs may use PowerShell and the CLI.
This course is for Azure Security Engineers who are planning to take the associated certification exam, or who are performing security tasks in their day-to-day job. This course would also be helpful to an engineer that wants to specialize in providing security for Azure-based digital platforms and play an integral role in protecting an organization’s data.
Implement enterprise governance strategies including role-based access control, Azure policies, and resource locks.
Implement an Azure AD infrastructure including users, groups, and multi-factor authentication.
Implement Azure AD Identity Protection including risk policies, conditional access, and access reviews.
Module 1: Manage Identity and Access
This module covers Azure Active Directory, Azure Identity Protection, Enterprise Governance, Azure AD PIM, and Hybrid Identity.
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure Identity Protection
- Enterprise Governance
- Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
- Hybrid Identity
Module 2: Implement Platform Protection
This module covers perimeter, network, host, and container security.
- Perimeter Security
- Network Security
- Host Security
- Container Security
Module 3: Secure Data and Applications
This module covers Azure Key Vault, application security, storage security, and SQL database security.
- Azure Key Vault
- Application Security
- Storage Security
- SQL Database Security
Module 4: Manage Security Operations
This module covers Azure Monitor, Azure Security Center, and Azure Sentinel.
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Security Center
- Azure Sentinel