ZV02G | z/VM Introduction and Concepts
This classroom course of 3.0 days teaches how to use CP and CMS commands in a VM/CMS environment. You should learn how to create and modify files with XEDIT, transmit files, messages to other users via the CP spool environment, manage files on both minidisks and the Shared File System (SFS), and write simple command procedures in REXX EXECs.
You can practice these commands in hands-on lab exercises.
Learning Journeys that reference this course:
- z/VM and Linux
- KVM and Linux
This is a basic course is for IT personal new to z/VM.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
- Unit 1 - Introduction to z/VM
- Unit 1 - Lab
- Unit 2 - Introduction to Xedit
- Unit 2 – Lab
- Unit 3 - More on XEDIT
- Unit 3 - Lab
- Unit 4 - Introduction to the CMS File System
- Unit 4 – Lab
- Unit 5- Introduction to Shared File System
- Unit 5 - Lab
- Unit 6- Introduction to REXX Programming
- Unit 6- Lab