WCMX | Deploying Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences v2.0
Cisco offers business and network service innovation with the Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) wireless platform solution. The purpose of the WCMX course is to prepare professionals to use the Cisco Unified Access Infrastructure and the Cisco Service Provider Wi-Fi to configure, administer, manage, troubleshoot, and optimize utilization of mobile content while gaining meaningful analytics. This course includes how to:
- Utilize location capabilities while providing interactive useful mobile content.
- Utilize location services to obtain optimum positioning and tracking.
- Utilize analytics to provide meaningful data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Configure, administer and manage interactive onboarding
It is recommended, but not required, to have the following skills and knowledge before attending this course:
- Cisco CCNA® or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Windows networking
- Prior completion of the Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials eLearning course
- Prior completion of the Cisco Deploying Basic Wireless LAN’s course
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe available location techniques in a Wi-Fi location tracking system. Define the Cisco UWN requirements to support CMX, and provide a high-level overview of the capabilities provided by CMX.
- Articulate the impact of AP positioning and Client behavior have on the ability to accurately determine the physical location of a client along with accurately estimating the additional load the existing network infrastructure will see when adding Location Tracking and Alerting capabilities to a Cisco UWN.
- Identify and navigate the various types of analysis processes that can be conducted as part of the CMX solution.
- Describe and implement the available CMX on-boarding solutions.
Module 1: CMX Overview
- Lesson 1-1: Identifying Required CMX Components
- Lesson 1-2: Describing CMX Capabilities
- Lesson 1-3: Examining Basic Location Concepts (Location 101)
Module 2: Onsite Visibility and Control
- Lesson 2-1: Describing the Effects of AP placement on Achievable Accuracy
- Lesson 2-2: Examining the Impact of Client Behavior on Location Capabilities
- Lesson 2-3: Differentiating Cisco Client Location Methods
- Lesson 2-4: Using the CMX Dimensioning Calculator
Module 3: Onsite Analytics
- Lesson 3-1: Describing the Analysis Process
- Lesson 3-2: Using the Analytics User Interface
- Lesson 3-3: Performing Site Analysis (Presence)
Module 4: Interactive Onboarding
- Lesson 4-1: Implementing CMX Visitor Connect
- Lesson 4-2: Implementing CMX Facebook Wi-Fi
- Lab 1: Network Connectivity Verification
- Lab 2: Using the CMX Dimensioning Calculator
- Lab 3 Using CMX Analytics
- Lab 4-1 Implementing Basic CMX Visitor Connect
- Lab 4-2 Implementing Social Auth CMX Visitor Connect
- Lab 5 Implementing Cisco FB Wi-Fi