About this course
This five-day course teaches you advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and hands-on labs, you configure and optimize the VMware vSphere® 6.7 features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure, and you discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. This course deepens your understanding of vSphere and how its advanced features and controls can benefit your organization.
- ESXi 6.7
- vCenter Server 6.7
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Configure and manage vSphere networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterprise
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™, VMware vSphere® Web Client, and VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Shell to manage vSphere
- Create a content library for deploying virtual machines
- Use VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy™ and host profiles to provision VMware ESXi™ hosts and manage
ESXi host compliance
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators for compute, storage, and networking resources for ESXi hosts
- Optimize the performance of ESXi and VMware vCenter Server®
- Harden the vSphere environment against security threats
- Encrypt virtual machines for additional security
This course prepares you for the following certification:
- VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)
Experienced system administrators, system engineers, and system integrators.
You must complete one of the following prerequisites:
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] course
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server
Experience with working at the command line is highly recommended.
At course completion
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Develop an Operating System deployment and upgrade strategy
- Understand the different methods of deployment.
- Understand which scenarios on-premise and cloud-based solutions can be used for.
- Deploy and migrate desktops to Windows 10.
- Plan and configure Windows Update policies.
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Network Scalability
Module 3: Storage Scalability
Module 4: Host and Management Scalability
Module 5: CPU Optimization
Module 6: Memory Optimization
Module 7: Storage Optimization
Module 8: Network Optimization
Module 9: vCenter Server Performance Optimization
Module 10: vSphere Security