TThe Oracle VM Server for x86: Administration course explores building the infrastructure for open cloud computing. Expert Oracle University instructors will show you how to support enterprise applications by deploying pooled server resources to create virtual machines.
• Use cloning with templates to create additional virtual entities
• Install the Oracle VM Server for x86 and the Oracle VM Manager
• Exercise high availability, live migration and anti-affinity policy
• Explore and use the Oracle VM Manager UI and CLI
• Discover and manage Oracle VM servers
• Add networks and storage to support the Oracle VM environment
• Create and manage server pools
• Create and populate repositories with virtual resources
• Perform the steps to create and operate virtual machines
• Plan a virtual solution.
• Install the Oracle VM Server for x86 and the Oracle VM Manager software.
• Configure network resources to provide isolation and redundancy.
• Add SAN and NFS to provision storage for the virtual environment.
• Create server pools and repositories to support application workloads.
• Speed up virtual machine deployment with templates and virtual appliances.
• Use virtual machine high availability.
• Use server pool policies to maximize the performance of your server workloads.
• System Integrator
• Systems Administrator
Required Prerequisites: Ability to administer a Linux environment and implement a virtual infrastructure using any virtualization platform. Familiarity with: Networking principles, Link aggregation and VLAN technologies; Storage concepts: iSCSI, NFS, FC; Thin provisioning.
Introducing Oracle VM with Oracle VM Server for x86
• What is Server Virtualization
• Advantages and Challenges of Server Virtualization
• Oracle VM within Server Virtualization Landscape
• Components and architecture of Oracle VM
• Features of Oracle VM
• Benefits of Oracle VM
Planning and Installation
• Installation Planning
• Hardware and Software Requirements
• Network and Storage Planning
• Installation Options and Processes
• Postinstallation Tasks
• Upgrading Oracle VM Server for x86 Servers
Managing Servers and Networks
• Discovering Oracle VM Servers
• Managing Oracle VM Servers
• Understanding Network Functions
• Creating Network Bonds, VLANs, VLAN Interfaces
• Creating and Managing Networks
• Storage Types and Functions
• Storage Connect Framework
• Discovering File Server and SAN Server
• Managing Storage Elements
• Creating and Cloning Physical Disks
Server Pools and Repositories
• Server Pool Functions and Policies
• Distributed Resource Scheduling and Dynamic Power Management
• Server Pool Design
• Creating Server Pools
• Creating and Populating Repositories
• Cloning Virtual Disks
Managing Virtual Machines
• Virtual Machine Components
• PVM and HVM Guests
• Installing Guest Operating Systems
• Speeding Deployment with Templates and Virtual Appliances
• Cloning of Virtual Machines and Templates
• High Availability Feature
• Virtual Machine Console
• Migrating Virtual Machines and using Anti-Affinity Groups