This Oracle Database 12c: Data Guard Administration Ed 1 training teaches you how to use Oracle Data Guard. Expert Oracle University instructors will demonstrate how this solution protects your Oracle database against planned and unplanned downtimes. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
• Use Data Guard standby databases to support production functions such as reporting, querying, testing, and performing backups
• Create and manage physical and logical standby databases
• Use Enterprise Manager Cloud Control and the Data Guard command-line interface (DGMGRL) to maintain a Data Guard configuration
• Use Data Guard to achieve a highly available Oracle database
• Gain an understanding of Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service
• Build highly available systems.
• Offload business processing needs to another system.
• Offload backup needs to another system.
• Gain an understanding of Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
• Database Administrator
• Basic understanding of PL/SQL and Triggers
• Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I Ed 2
• Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Ed 2
• Database Administration
• Linux operating system fundamentals
1. Introduction to Oracle Data Guard
2. Networking for Oracle Data Guard
3. Creating a Physical Standby Database by Using SQL and RMAN Commands
4. Oracle Data Guard Broker: Overview
5. Creating a Data Guard Broker Configuration
6. Creating a Physical Standby Database by Using Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
7. Creating a Logical Standby Database
8. Creating and Managing a Snapshot Standby Database
9. Using Oracle Active Data Guard
10. Configuring Data Protection Modes
11. Performing Role Transitions
12. Using Flashback Database in a Data Guard Configuration
13. Enabling Fast-Start Failover
14. Managing Client Connectivity
15. Backup and Recovery Considerations in an Oracle Data Guard Configuration
16. Patching and Upgrading Databases in a Data Guard Configuration
17. Monitoring a Data Guard Broker Configuration
18. Optimizing a Data Guard Configuration
19. Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service Overview