LX010G | Operating Systems & Networking
This course is designed to teach the basics of the Linux environment. Class activities include accessing a system, navigating the directory hierarchy, using the vi editor, using common commands, tools, and scripting concepts.
This course requires no experience with Linux or Power systems. General knowledge of computers is expected, though no intermediate or advanced skills are required.
Students attending this course are expected to have a basic understanding of an IT environment.
- Log in to an Linux system and set a user password
- Use Linux online documentation
- Use the vi editor
- Manage Linux files and directories
- Describe the purpose of the shell
- Execute common Linux commands and manage Linux processes
- Customize the working environment
- Use common Linux utilities
- Write simple shell scripts