Linux+ | CompTIA Linux + Certification
Candidates are encouraged to use this document to prepare for the CompTIA Linux+ LX0-103 exam. In order to receive CompTIA Linux+ certification, a candidate must pass two exams: CompTIA Linux+ LX0-103 and CompTIA Linux+ LX0-104. The CompTIA Linux+ certification offers a framework for acquiring working knowledge of Linux for IT professionals working as junior-level systems administrators, as well as those working in web and software development. Successful candidates will have the following skills:
- Work at the Linux command line
- Perform easy maintenance tasks including assisting users, adding users to a larger system, executing backup & restore and shutdown & reboot
- Install and configure a workstation (including X) and connect it to a LAN or a stand-alone PC via modem to the Internet in the design of capture solutions, while addressing security requirements
Exam objectives (domains):
101 System Architecture: 14%
102 Linux Installation and Package Management:18%
103 GNU and Unix Commands: 43%
104 Devices, Linux Filesystems, Filesystem Hierarchy Standard: 25%
101. System Architecture
- Determine and configure hardware settings
- Compare and contrast types of attacks.
- Change runlevels/boot targets and shutdown or reboot system.
102. Linux Installation and Package Management
- Design hard disk layout.
- Install a boot manager.
- Manage shared libraries.
- Use Debian package management.
- Use RPM and YUM package management.
103. GNU and Unix Commands
- Work on the command line.
- Process text streams using filters.
- Perform basic file management
- Use streams, pipes and redirects.
- Create, monitor and kill processes.
- Modify process execution priorities.
- Search text files using regular expressions.
- Perform basic file editing operations using vi.
104. Devices, Linux File Systems and File System Hierarchy Standard
- Create partitions and file systems.
- Maintain the integrity of file systems.
- Control mounting and unmounting of file systems.
- Manage disk quotas.
- Manage file permissions and ownership.
- Create and change hard and symbolic links.
- Find system files and place files in the correct location.