This course describes the concepts and configuration details when implementing PowerVM Live Partition Mobility on POWER6 and POWER7 processor-based servers. Students will learn the requirements of Live Partition Mobility and will configure HMCs, Virtual I/O Servers, and partitions in preparation for performing active and inactive migrations. Live hands-on exercises will allow students to configure a lab environment and perform Live Partition Mobility operations.
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in an instructor lead course environment, either in a face-to-face classroom or in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online).
Learning Journeys that reference this course:
• Power AIX Administrators: Virtualization
The audiences for this advanced training include AIX/Linux technical support individuals, system administrators, system architects and engineers, and anyone who needs a technical operational understanding of PowerVM Live Partition Mobility.
• Have completed Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization (AN30G) or Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization - ILO (AX30) or have equivalent LPAR and Virtual I/O Server skills.
• Be proficient with HMC Version 7 or Version 8, Virtual I/O Server operations, and AIX LPAR system administration.o hay requisitos previos para este curso, pero el conocimiento de Linux resultará beneficioso.
• Describe key components of Live Partition Mobility
• Describe configuration settings necessary for the HMCs, the source and target Virtual I/O servers, and the mobile LPAR
• Perform and monitor PowerVM Live Partition Mobility operations
• Describe differences between active and inactive Live Partition Mobility configuration and operations
• Describe advanced migration configuration and tuning options when using the migrlpar commandKEY TOPICSLive Partition Mobility (LPM) overviewVirtual I/O Server and mobile configurationPartition migration operationsAdvanced LPM scenarios
• Live Partition Mobility (LPM) overview
• Virtual I/O Server and mobile configuration
• Partition migration operations
• Advanced LPM scenarios