6593 | Developing Applications with Google Cloud Platform
This course was formerly titled “Developing Solutions with Google Cloud Platform” (CPD200). In this course, application developers learn how to design, develop, and deploy applications that seamlessly integrate components from the Google Cloud ecosystem.
Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn how to use GCP services and pre-trained machine learning APIs to build secure, scalable, and intelligent cloud-native applications.
What You'll Learn
- This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Use best practices for application development.
- Choose the appropriate data storage option for application data.
- Implement federated identity management.
- Develop loosely coupled application components or microservices.
- Integrate application components and data sources.
- Debug, trace, and monitor applications.
- Perform repeatable deployments with containers and deployment services.
- Choose the appropriate application runtime environment; use Google Container
- Engine as a runtime environment and later switch to a no-ops solution with Google App Engine Flex.
To get the most benefit from this course, participants should have the following prerequisites:
- Completed Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or have equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Node.js
- Basic proficiency with command line tools and Linux operating system environments
Who should attend
Application developers who want to build cloud-native applications or redesign existing applications that will run on Google Cloud Platform
- Module 1: Best Practices for Application Development
- Module 2: Google Cloud Client Libraries, Google Cloud SDK, and Google Firebase SDK
- Module 3: Overview of Data Storage Options
- Module 4: Best Practices for Using Cloud Datastore
- Module 5: Performing Operations on Buckets and Objects
- Module 6: Best Practices for Using Cloud Storage
- Module 7: Securing Your Application
- Module 8: Using Google Cloud Pub/Sub to Integrate Components of Your Application
- Module 9: Adding Intelligence to Your Application
- Module 10: Using Cloud Functions for Event-Driven Processing
- Module 11: : Using Cloud Endpoints to Deploy APIs
- Module 12: Debugging Your Application by Using Google Stackdriver
- Module 13: Deploying an Application by Using Google Cloud Container Builder, Google
- Module 14: Execution Environments for Your Application
- Module 15: Monitoring and Tuning Performance