This course provides an overview of the Oracle Database 18c new features and enhancements related to Multitenant architecture, security, RMAN, general database areas, performance, data warehousing and Sharding.
• Use new features of the Multitenant architecture
• Understand and benefit from new features of the Database Security
• Benefit from new features of RMAN
• Use new features of General Database
• Configure and use new features in Performance
• Manipulate new features of the Data Warehousing
• Understand enhancements in Sharding
• Use new features like Application PDB Fleet and PDB snapshots carousel of the Multitenant architecture.
• Understand new features like PDB keystores and encryption of sensitive data in Database Replay files of the Security.
• Benefit from new features like reuse of preplugin backups and duplication of active PDBs into an existing CDB of RMAN.
• Use new features like private temporary tables and online modification of partitioning and subpartitioning strategy of General Database.
• Configure and use new features like Automatic In-Memory Management in Performance.
• Manipulate new features like inline external tables and polymorphic table functions of the Data Warehousing.
• Understand enhancements like user-defined sharding method and support for PDBs as shards in Sharding.
• Database Administrators
• Database Developers
- Oracle Database 12c R2: New Features for Administrators Part 1 Ed 1
- Oracle Database 12c R2: New Features for Administrators Part 2 Ed 1
- Oracle Database 12c R2: High Availability New Features Ed 1
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 11g R2 and 12c
1. Leveraging Multitenant Enhancements
• Manage application PDBs fleet
• Manage PDB snapshots carousel
• Benefit from dynamic container map
• Understand lockdown profile inheritance and create and use static and dynamic lockdown profiles
• Use refreshable copy PDB switchover
2. Managing Security
• Create and use a schema only account
• Isolate PDB keystores
• Export and import database links
• Configure encryption of sensitive data in Database Replay files
• Explain direct Active Directory Services integration
3. Using RMAN Enhancements
• Reuse preplugin backups before and after a non-CDB conversion as a PDB or a PDB migration to another CDB
• Clone active PDB into another CDB using DUPLICATE and duplicate an on-premises CDB to Cloud as encrypted
4. Applying General Database Enhancements
• Manage private temporary tables
• Use the new Data Pump Import option of the DATA_OPTIONS parameter
• Online modification of partitioning and subpartitioning strategy
• Merging of partitions and subpartitions online
• Generate batched DDL by using DBMS_METADATA_DIFF package
5. Improving Performance
• Configure Automatic In-Memory
• Use IMEs window capture
• Describe the new SQL Tuning Set package
• Describe the concurrency of SQL execution of SQL Performance Analyzer tasks and Result Set Validation
6. Handling Enhancements in Big Data and Data Warehousing
• Query inlined external tables and manage in-memory external tables
• Use analytic view new query capabilities
• Create and use polymorphic table functions
7. Describing Sharding Enhancements
• Describe the user-defined sharding method
• Understand support for PDBs as shards
• Describe Oracle GoldenGate enhancements for Oracle Sharding support
• Query system objects across shards
• Describe improved multi-shard query enhancements