20764C | Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure
About this course
This five-day instructor-led course provides students who administer and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL server database infrastructure. Additionally, it will be of use to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Successful Azure Administrators start this role with experience on operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking.
At course completion
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Assign server and database roles
- Authorize users to access resources
- Protect data with encryption and auditing
- Describe recovery models and backup strategies
- Backup SQL Server databases
- Restore SQL Server databases
- Automate database management
- Configure security for the SQL Server agent
- Manage alerts and notifications
- Managing SQL Server using PowerShell
- Trace access to SQL Server
- Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure
- Import and export data.
- Module 1: SQL Server Security Protection
- Module 2: Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Module 3: Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Module 4: Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
- Module 5: Recovery Models and Backup Strategies
- Module 6: Backing Up SQL Server Databases
- Module 7: Restoring SQL Server 2016 Databases
- Module 8: Automating SQL Server Management
- Module 9: Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Module 10: Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
- Module 11: Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
- Module 12: Tracing Access to SQL Server with Extended events
- Module 13: Monitoring SQL Server
- Module 14: Troubleshooting SQL Server
- Module 15: Importing and Exporting Data