20765C | Provisioning SQL Databases
About this course
This course is designed to teach students how to provision SQL Server databases both on premise and in SQL Azure.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design
At the end of the course
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Provision a Database Server
- Upgrade SQL Server
- Configure SQL Server
- Manage Databases and Files (shared)
- Provision, migrate and manage databases in the cloud
- Module 1: SQL Server Components
- Module 2: Installing SQL Server
- Module 3: Upgrading SQL Server to SQL Server 2017
- Module 4: Working with Databases
- Module 5: Performing Database Maintenance
- Module 6: Database Storage Options
- Module 7: Planning to Deploy SQL Server on Microsoft Azure
- Module 8: Migrating Databases to Azure SQL Database
- Module 9: Deploying SQL Server on a Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine
- Module 10: Managing databases in the Cloud