About this course
- 1-month experience creating Windows client applications
- 1 month of experience using Visual Studio 2017
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2017 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and Fetch API.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
- Use Web Pack to package web applications for production.
- Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
- Module 2: Creating and Styling HTML Pages
- Module 4: Creating Forms to Collect and Validate User Input
- Module 5: Communicating with a Remote Server
- Module 6: Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
- Module 8: Creating Interactive Pages by Using HTML5 APIs
- Module 9: Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
- Module 10: Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
- Module 11: Creating Advanced Graphics
- Module 12: Animating the User Interface
- Module 13: Implementing Real-time Communication by Using Web
- Module 14: Performing Background Processing by Using Web Workers