10981A | Infrastructure Provisioning with System Center Virtual Machine Manager
About this course
Learn how to install and configure Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager and manage enterprise datacenter resources with this five-day course. This course will cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 environment using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager. This course primarily covers the advanced and enterprise-level technologies and solutions available through Microsoft virtualization, networking and storage. Using hand-on labs, students will learn the following:
- New features and capabilities in Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- How to configure High Availability for Hyper-V and Virtual Machine Manager.
- How to update the Virtual Machine Manager environment and underlying Fabric infrastructure including considerations for other System Center components.
- How to configure advanced networking features in Virtual Machine Manager such as Uplink Port Profiles and Virtual Port Profiles.
- How to configure Storage in Virtual Machine Manager including the advantages and disadvantages between different storage types.
- How to use Virtual Machine Manager to configure cloud resources and provision access to a cloud.
- How to configure and manage the Library in Virtual Machine Manager including Library synchronization and equivalence objects.
- How to prepare the Windows Operating System for deployment in Virtual Machine Manager including how to use Sysprep, WIM and an unattend.xml file.
- How to configure and use Virtual Machine Templates and Service Templates in Virtual Machine Manager including how Service Templates are used in a real-world scenario.
- How Virtual Machine Manager integrates with other System Center components such as Operations Manager and Orchestrator including how Operations Manager monitors the Virtual Machine Manager environment.
- An overview of Windows Azure Pack including how to complete an express deployment and how to configure VM Clouds.
- How to configure Azure Site Recovery to replicate and recover virtual machines.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who are responsible for designing, implementing, managing and maintaining a virtualization infrastructure or are interested in learning about current Microsoft Virtualization technologies for enterprise datacenter environments. This course is also intended for IT Decision Makers who will be determining which virtualization and infrastructure management products to implement in their datacenters.
Before attending this course, students must have the following technical knowledge:
- Recommended: MCSA: Windows Server 2012.
- An understanding of virtualization concepts and working knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V.
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts and working knowledge of Microsoft networking.
- An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts and working knowledge of Microsoft storage technologies and solutions.
- Working knowledge of Windows PowerShell.
At the end of the course
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform initial configuration tasks in Virtual Machine Manager
- Configure High Availability for Hyper-V and Virtual Machine Manager
- Update the Virtual Machine Manager environment
- Configure advanced networking in Virtual Machine Manager
- Configure Storage in Virtual Machine Manager
- Configure the Virtual Machine Manager Library and Library objects
- Prepare a Windows Server Operating system for deployment
- Configure Virtual Machine and Service Templates
- Configure System Center Integration
- Perform an express deployment of Windows Azure Pack
- Configure Azure Site Recovery
- Module 1: Overview of Hyper-V and Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 2: Configuring High Availability for Virtual Machine Manager and Hyper-V
- Module 3: Updating Virtual Machine Manager and Fabric Servers
- Module 4: Configuring Networking in Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 5: Configuring Storage in Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 6: Managing Clouds in Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 7: Configuring and Managing the Virtual Machine Manager Library and Library Objects
- Module 8: Preparing the Windows Operating System for deployment in
- Module 9: Virtual Machine and Service Templates
- Module 10: System Center Integration
- Module 11: Windows Azure Pack
- Module 12: Azure Site Recovery